Our improved e-commerce platform lets you manage your membership in the American Studies Association 24/7. You will need a username and password to authenticate transactions (not your member number). A secure, third-party credit-card processing site called Cybersource will finalize your purchases and your credit card statement will reflect a charge from JHUP (Johns Hopkins University Press).
- Where can I find the ASA “join” page?
- This is my first time purchasing an ASA membership. How do I set up my account online?
- I forgot my username—how can I retrieve it?
- I forgot my password—how can I reset it?
- I got a message “Email in Use.” What do I do?
- How can I contact the dedicated customer service person at JHUP for ASA?
- How do I join my local chapter of the ASA? Can I join additional chapters?
- How can I remove the print subscription to American Quarterly from my ASA membership?
- Can I contribute to the ASA if I have already joined or renewed my membership?
- How can I update my ASA Membership Profile?
- I've moved—how can I change my shipping address?
- How can I renew my ASA membership online?
- Can I see all of my membership orders in one place?
- What if it appears that I have an account with JHUP but have not yet created a username and password?
- What is the ASA membership period?
- How do I obtain a copy of my receipt?
- How do I access my electronic subscription to American Quarterly?
- Where can I find information on the 2017 ASA Annual Meeting?
- How can I register for the 2017 ASA Annual Meeting?
- What is the registration cancellation policy for attendees at the 2017 ASA Annual Meeting?
- What is the registration cancellation policy for exhibitors at the 2017 ASA Annual Meeting?
You set up your account when you purchase your membership.
Once you select your membership category, click “add to cart.” You will be taken to the cart page which displays your selection. Click on “check out.”
Now you are on the “log in” screen. Click on “Not a member? Register here” to be taken to the registration screen.
Here you will enter required information, and create your username and password. Click on “Register.” Please save your username and password—you will need it to log in to renew your membership or edit your profile online in the future.
Next, follow the step-by-step instructions to check out and place your order.
Go to https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/join. Select the “log in” navigation tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the “forgot username” link. You will be asked to enter the email that is associated with your account—the one you provided when you first registered.
You will receive an email with your username.
Go to https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/join. Select the “log in” navigation tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the “forgot password” link. You will be asked to enter the username that is associated with your account—the one you provided when you first registered.
A message will be sent to your email address with a new password. Next, please visit the ASA website at https://theasanet. Log in with your username and the password you received via email; then select the "Update my Profile" box to change your password to one of your choosing.
This means you have probably already established an account at the Johns Hopkins University Press.
Select the option of either resetting your password or having your username emailed to you. Log in to the ASA website at https://theasa.net with your username and password. Once authenticated, select the “Update my Profile” box and you will be able to view and edit your registration information.
If you prefer telephoning, the Customer Service department is open from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM EST. The toll-free number is 1-800-548-1784.
When you first join the ASA, you are automatically enrolled in the proper local chapter (assigned by your zip code) at no cost to you. If you would like to join an additional chapter for a nominal fee, simply select the chapter name from the drop-down menu under "Additional Chapters" and add it to your shopping cart.
There are two places where you can opt-out of the print subscription to American Quarterly.First, you can simply "uncheck" the box on the "Join" page after you select your membership. You may also remove the print subscription when you get to the check-out screen.
Yes, and thanks for inquiring! Simply visit https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/join and click on the "Contribute" tab at the top of the shopping cart page and you will be taken to a full listing of areas worthy of your support.
Simply visit the ASA website at https;//theasa.net and log in. Scroll down and select the "Update my Profile" box. Here you many edit all the information you entered when registering your account.
Visit the ASA website at https://theasa.net and log in to your account. Select the "Update my Profile" box, and then select and edit the address to which your journal is delivered—this is your shipping address.(Frequently, it is the first or only address you entered into your profile.) You have the option of selecting the address type: Academic Institution, Home, Business, or Other.
Visit https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/join. Select the “Join/Renew” tab at the top of the page, select the membership category you would like to renew, and “add to cart.” Click “check out” and then you will be asked to log in.
- If you already have created a username and password: Enter the username and password you’ve previously created. Place your order, proceed to the cart, and pay with your credit card.
- If you have forgotten your username or password: Click on either the “forgot password” link or the “forgot username” link and follow the instructions so that you can log in to your account.
- If you still need assistance: Please email the dedicated Customer Service Representative at the Johns Hopkins University Press for your organization at ASASupport@press.jhu.edu.
Visit https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/join and select the “order history” tab at the top of the page. This will display any JHU-affiliated association purchases you have made—not just your ASA membership history. You may pay for any orders from the Order History page, as well as print a receipt from this page.
If you never provided an email address with your account, please contact customer service at ASASupport@press.jhu.edu. Your JHUP representative will assist you in reconnecting to your account.
If you recall the email address you used to set up your account, follow these steps:
- Retrieve your Customer ID: Go to the log in page at https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/log-in and click the link for “Retrieve Customer ID.” You will be asked for the email you supplied when making your first membership purchase and your Customer ID will be sent to that email address.
- Create a username by authenticating with your Customer ID and email address at the shopping cart. Go to the log in page at https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/log-in and select "Add Username." Enter the Customer ID you retrieved as well as your email, and create your username. Don’t worry if you receive an error message that the username you selected is already taken: simply try again until you come up with a unique username!
- Await your new password and log in: Once you have entered a correct Customer ID, email, and unique username, the system will send you an email with a new, randomly generated password. Equipped with that password, you can now return to the ASA website member log in at https://theasa.net, log into your account, and change your password to one that is memorable to you by clicking on the "Update my Profile" box.
You have now identified your JHUP account and can log in 24/7. Please keep your username and password in a safe place for easy reference when logging in.
The ASA membership runs on a calendar year basis, from January through December of the current year.
Your receipt is initially available immediately after you purchase your membership. Simply click on the bottom left "print" button to print a copy. An emailed receipt will also be generated at checkout, and sent to the email you have on file. Always check your "spam" folder just to be sure the receipt was not routed there.
If you wish to print a copy of your receipt anytime after your purchase, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account: https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/log-in
- Click on the "Order History" tab at the top of the page. All of your orders will be displayed.
- Click on the "HTML" link for the receipt you are interested in retrieving. This HTML link is displayed in the far right column alongside the product your purchased.
- Save and/or print your receipt.
First, sign in on the American Studies Association website, here. Click on the "Member Login" box in the upper right and enter your ASA user name and password. You will be taken to your welcome screen, and if you scroll down you will see a box marked "Read AQ online." Simply click and you've got instant access to the journal.
Visit the special meeting page on the ASA website, here: https://www.theasa.net/annual-meeting/years-meeting Check back often: registration information is forthcoming.
1. First, go to the official conference website: https://www.theasa.net/annual-meeting/years-meeting. Take a moment to review the hotel recommendations, program, tours, lunch sessions, and special activities.
2. When you are ready to register, click on the registration link, here: https://asa.press.jhu.edu/asa/conference. Begin to check the boxes of the items/events you are interested in, remembering to scroll down and select “Add to Cart.” This is the first of several screens you will need to navigate to register for the meeting. Do NOT select any events or items marked "Sold Out." If you do, you will want to remove them before you check out.
3. When you are finished, click “Check out.” This will route you to the log in screen for security. If you are having difficulty with your user name or password, select the links on the screen for assistance. If you are not a member you will need to set up a user name and password to proceed. Hit "Update" after you have made your selections and before proceeding to checkout.
4. Select “Check Out.” First, you will verify your shipping and billing addresses.Click on “Remove” to delete any items or events that have already sold out. Review your order and click on “Place order.” You will be transferred to a secure third party site for payment.
5. Enter your payment details and click “next.” On the next screen, you can see your approved payment details and click “Pay.” This generates your receipt, which you may print by simply clicking the “Print” button on the bottom left of the screen.
You are now officially registered for the 2017 ASA Meeting, and will receive an email confirmation at the email address you used when you opened your membership account.
All registrants who cancel prior to the conference or do not attend the conference forfeit their entire registration fee. Once you submit your registration you are not entitled to a refund. Canceling your conference registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. You are responsible for canceling your own hotel and travel reservations plus any fees incurred for doing so.
Notice of cancellation must be received by ASA in writing prior to June 30, 2017. Payments will be refunded less 50% for administrative costs, only on cancellations made by June 30th. No refunds will be granted after June 30th.