Our improved e-commerce platform lets you manage your membership in the College English Association 24/7. You will need a username and password to authenticate transactions (not your member number). A secure, third-party credit-card processing site called Cybersource will finalize your purchases and your credit card statement will reflect a charge from JHUP (Johns Hopkins University Press).
- Where can I find the CEA “join” page?
- This is my first time purchasing an CEA membership. How do I set up my account online?
- I forgot my username—how can I retrieve it?
- I forgot my password—how can I reset it?
- I got a message “Email in Use.” What do I do?
- How can I contact the dedicated customer service person at JHUP for CEA?
- How can I update my CEA Membership Profile?
- I've moved—how can I change my shipping address?
- How can I renew my CEA membership online?
- Can I see all of my membership orders in one place?
- What if it appears that I have an account with JHUP but have not yet created a username and password?
- What is the CEA membership period?
- How do I obtain a copy of my receipt?
You set up your account when you purchase your membership.
Once you select your membership category, click “add to cart.” You will be taken to the cart page which displays your selection. Click on “check out.”
Now you are on the “log in” screen. Click on “Not a member? Register here” to be taken to the registration screen.
Here you will enter required information, and create your username and password. Click on “Register.” Please save your username and password—you will need it to log in to renew your membership or edit your profile online in the future.
Next, follow the step-by-step instructions to check out and place your order.
Go to https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/join. Select either the “log in” or “profile” navigation tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the “forgot username” link. You will be asked to enter the email that is associated with your account—the one you provided when you first registered.
You will receive an email with your username.
Go to https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/join. Select either the “log in” or “profile” navigation tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the “forgot password” link.You will be asked to enter the username that is associated with your account—the one you provided when you first registered.
A message will be sent to your email address with a new password. Log in with this new password and then go to the “profile” section to change it to a password of your choosing.
This means you have probably already established an account at the Johns Hopkins University Press.
Select the option of either resetting your password or having your username emailed to you. Log in with your username and password. Once authenticated, select “profile” and you will be able to view and edit your registration information.
Simply send an email to: CEASupport@press.jhu.edu. You will receive a personal reply from the Customer Service Representative for CEA.
If you prefer telephoning, the Customer Service department is open from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM EST. The toll-free number is 1-800-548-1784.
Simply visit https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/join and log in. Select the “Profile” navigation tab at the top of the screen. Here you many edit all the information you entered when registering your account.
Visit https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/join and log in to your account. Select the profile tab, and then select and edit the address to which your journal is delivered—this is your shipping address.( Frequently, it is the first or only address you entered into your profile.)
Visit https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/join. Select the “Join/Renew” tab at the top of the page, select the membership category you would like to renew, and “add to cart.” Click “check out” and then you will be asked to log in.
- If you already have created a username and password: Enter the username and password you’ve previously created. Place your order, proceed to the cart, and pay with your credit card.
- If you have forgotten your username or password: Click on either the “forgot password” link or the “forgot username” link and follow the instructions so that you can log in to your account.
- If you still need assistance: Please email the dedicated Customer Service Representative at the Johns Hopkins University Press for your organization at CEASupport@press.jhu.edu.
Visit https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/join and select the “order history” tab at the top of the page. This will display any JHU-affiliated association purchases you have made—not just your CEA membership history. You may pay for any orders from the Order History page, as well as print a receipt from this page.
If you never provided an email address with your account, please contact customer service at CEASupport@press.jhu.edu. Your JHUP representative will assist you in reconnecting to your account.
If you recall the email address you used to set up your account, follow these steps:
- Retrieve your Customer ID: Go to the log in page at https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in and click the link for “Retrieve Customer ID.” You will be asked for the email you supplied when making your first membership purchase and your Customer ID will be sent to that email address.
- Create a username by authenticating with your Customer ID and email address: Return to the log in page at https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in. Enter the Customer ID you retrieved as well as your email, and create your username. Don’t worry if you receive an error message that the username you selected is already taken: simply try again until you come up with a unique username!
- Await your new password and log in: Once you have entered a correct Customer ID, email, and unique username, the system will send you an email with a new, randomly generated password. Equipped with that password, you can now return to the log in page above, log into your account, and change your password to one that is memorable to you.
You have now identified your JHUP account and can log in 24/7. Please keep your username and password in a safe place for easy reference when logging in.
The CEA membership runs on a calendar year basis, from January through December of the current year.
Your receipt is intially available immediately after you purchase your membership. Simply click on the bottom left "print" button to print a copy. An emailed receipt will also be generated at checkout, and sent to the email you have on file. Always check your "spam" folder just to be sure the receipt was not routed there.
If you wish to print a copy of your receipt anytime after your purchase, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your account: https://cea.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in
- Click on the "Order History" tab at the top of the page. All of your orders will be displayed.
- Click on the "HTML" link for the receipt you are interested in retrieving. This HTML link is dsiplayed in the far right column alsongside the product your purchased.
- Save and/or print your receipt.