Our improved e-commerce platform lets you manage your membership in the Society for the History of Technology 24/7. You will need a username and password to authenticate transactions (not your member number). A secure, third-party credit-card processing site called Cybersource will finalize your purchases, and your credit card statement will reflect a charge from JHUP (Johns Hopkins University Press).
- Where can I find the SHOT “join” page?
- This is my first time purchasing a SHOT membership. How do I set up my account online?
- I forgot my username—how can I retrieve it?
- I forgot my password—how can I reset it?
- I got a message “Email in Use.” What do I do?
- How can I contact the dedicated customer service person at JHUP for SHOT?
- How can I update my SHOT Membership Profile?
- I've moved—how can I change my shipping address?
- How can I renew my SHOT membership online?
- Can I see all of my membership orders in one place?
- What if it appears that I have an account with JHUP but have not yet created a username and password?
- What is the SHOT membership period?
- How do I obtain a copy of my receipt?
- How do I find out if I qualify for the non-OECD membership rate for SHOT?
- Can I automatically renew my membership?
- How do I access my journal subscription online?
- What are the benefits of membership?
- Has my first issue of the printed journal mailed yet and how long will it take for delivery?
- How do I use the Member Directory?
You set up your account when you purchase your membership.
Once you select your membership category, click “add to cart.” You will be taken to the cart page which displays your selection. Click on “check out.”
Now you are on the “log in” screen. Click on “Not a member? Register here” to be taken to the registration screen.
Here you will enter required information, and create your username and password. Click on “Register.” Please save your username and password—you will need it to log in to renew your membership or edit your profile online in the future.
Next, follow the step-by-step instructions to check out and place your order.
Go to https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/join. Select either the “log in” or “profile” navigation tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the “forgot username” link. You will be asked to enter the email that is associated with your account—the one you provided when you first registered.
You will receive an email with your username.
Please note that it might take up to two minutes for the message to arrive in your in box.
Go to https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/join. Select either the “log in” or “profile” navigation tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the “forgot password” link. You will be asked to enter the username that is associated with your account—the one you provided when you first registered.
A message will be sent to your email address with a new password. Log in with this new password and then go to the “profile” section to change it to a password of your choosing.
Please note that it might take up to two minutes for the message to arrive in your in box.
This means you have probably already established an account at the Johns Hopkins University Press.
Select the option of either resetting your password or having your username emailed to you. Log in with your username and password. Once authenticated, select “profile” and you will be able to view and edit your registration information.
Simply send an email to SHOTSupport@press.jhu.edu. You will receive a personal reply from the Customer Service Representative for SHOT.
If you prefer telephoning, the Customer Service Department is open from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM EST. The toll-free number is 1-800-548-1784.
Simply visit https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/join and log in. Select the “Profile” navigation tab at the top of the screen. Here you may edit all the information you entered when registering your account.
Visit https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/join and log in to your account. Select the profile tab, and then select and edit the address to which your journal is delivered—this is your shipping address. (Frequently, it is the first or only address you entered into your profile.)
Visit https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/join. Select the “Join/renew” tab at the top of the page, select the membership category you would like to renew, and “add to cart.” Click “check out” and then you will be asked to log in.
- If you already have created a username and password: Enter the username and password you’ve previously created. Place your order, proceed to the cart, and pay with your credit card.
- If you have forgotten your username or password: Click on either the “forgot password” link or the “forgot username” link and follow the instructions so that you can log in to your account.
- If you still need assistance: Please email the dedicated Customer Service Representative at the Johns Hopkins University Press for your organization at SHOTSupport@press.jhu.edu.
Visit https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/join and select the “Order history” tab at the top of the page. This will display any JHU-affiliated association purchases you have made—not just your SHOT membership history. You may pay for any orders from the Order History page, as well as print a receipt from this page.
If you never provided an email address with your account, please contact customer service at SHOTSupport@press.jhu.edu. Your JHUP representative will assist you in reconnecting to your account.
If you recall the email address you used to set up your account, follow these steps:
- Retrieve your Customer ID: Go to the log in page at https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in and click the link for “Retrieve Customer ID.” You will be asked for the email you supplied when making your first membership purchase and your Customer ID will be sent to that email address.
- Create a username by authenticating with your Customer ID and email address: Return to the log in page at https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in. Enter the Customer ID you retrieved as well as your email, and create your username. Don’t worry if you receive an error message that the username you selected is already taken: simply try again until you come up with a unique username!
- Await your new password and log in: Once you have entered a correct Customer ID, email, and unique username, the system will send you an email with a new, randomly generated password. Equipped with that password, you can now return to the log in page above, log into your account, and change your password to one that is memorable to you.
You have now identified your JHUP account and can log in 24/7. Please keep your username and password in a safe place for easy reference when logging in.
The SHOT membership runs on a calendar year basis, from January through December of the current year.
Your receipt is available on screen immediately after you purchase your membership. Simply click on the bottom left "print" button to print a copy. A copy of the receipt will also be sent to the email you have on file. Always check your "spam" folder just to be sure the receipt was not routed there.
If you wish to print a copy of your receipt anytime after your purchase, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account: https://shot.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in
- Click on the "Order History" tab at the top of the page. All of your orders will be displayed.
- Click on the "HTML" link for the receipt you are interested in retrieving. This HTML link is displayed in the far right column alongside the product you purchased.
- Save and/or print your receipt.
Download this list of non-OECD countries. If you are currently a legal resident of one of the countries on this list, you qualify for the discounted non-OECD rate for SHOT membership.
Yes! Now you can select "Auto Renew" at checkout in the shopping cart.
Simply select the membership you are renewing and add it to the cart. Proceed to checkout and check the box marked "Auto Renew." Your payment information will be encrypted, not stored, and your membership will be renewed each year at the current rate until you notify us you would like to stop by emailing customer support at SHOTSupport@press.jhu.edu. You will no longer receive printed or emailed renewal notices, and your membership benefits will continue uninterrupted.
- Go to the Project MUSE website – https://muse.jhu.edu – and click on the white Log In button in the top right corner.
- Enter your username and password in the boxes provided and click Log In. If login was successful, your username will appear in the top right corner.
- Click on Browse, then scroll down and click on View More Journals. An alphabetical list of journals will appear.
- Use the tools on the left to find the title for which you have a paid subscription. There will be a green check next to the title(s) you have access to.
- Click on the journal and a list of available issues will appear.
- Click on the issue you would like to access. This will bring up a Table of Contents.
- Under the title of each article are three buttons – View, Download, and Save. Clicking on View will bring up the abstract and article, Download will create a PDF of the abstract and article, and Save will save the article to your personal MUSE library. Additional information about using your MUSE personal library can be found at https://about.muse.jhu.edu/individuals/my-muse-account/.
Please visit the association's website to review the benefits of membership: https://www.historyoftechnology.org/.
Please contact the Johns Hopkins University Press Customer Service Department for information regarding your printed journal subscription:
Phone: 1-800-548-1784 or +1 410-516-6987 (international customers) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Directory User Tips:
- Enter information into a field or multiple fields for a list of relevant results.
- Enter an asterisk (*) or percentage sign (%) in the Name field to see all active members who have agreed to appear in the directory.
- Click “Select columns” to select/deselect the columns in your results. Press the Control key on your PC keyboard (Command key on Apple) to make multiple selections/deselections. Click “Select columns” again to remove that box from your screen.
- Click on a column header to sort results in ascending or descending order.